So I haven't been doing much work on the project specifically, because I felt like I needed to dive into the basics a little more thoroughly. After searching the internet quite extensively, I stumbled onto two websites that have been somewhat of a jumpstart in the basics of animation. Bare in mind that these are more in line with traditional animation techniques, but I don't see that as being important.
The first is a animation classroom type blog by John Kricfalusi, called John K Curriculum. This blog is awesome. It is very informative, as is his main animation blog, John K Stuff. Be warned, he is quite passionately opinionated, but there isn't anything wrong with passion for your field. Opinions about the state of modern animation and Disney aside, his blogs are gold, so check them out.
The other is called Drawing for Classical Animation over on Karmatoons. This tutorial series is also brilliant. It gives a really good grounding in animation drawing, and gets you in the right mind frame for creating animation characters. I will admit that it a bit basic, but then that is what I need at the moment. If you go over to Flooby Nooby, which is another great site, you should be able to download a pdf with all of the Karmatoons tutorial in one download. While you are there, check out the other stuff they have on offer.
If anyone else has any good links, please feel free to post them in the comments. I am always on the lookout for good content.
No comments:
Post a Comment